Good morning all –
I wanted to send a few updates on where we are for the current band season and we are beginning to look into next season already.
1) Winterguard is in full swing. We have five members who joined with North Salem High School to compete this season. There is a family night performance Saturday March 11 at 6 pm at North Salem High School. This is a free performance so please come support our team.
2) We have approved a band trip for Spring of 2018. We are in search of a trip coordinator to manage this process. You will be welcome to solicit assistance for a committee to help in any area you need. But having one person in charge of the process will be most effective. There are lots of moving parts to pull off a trip of this nature but we have lots of time to plan. If you are interested please contact me so we can get started on the planning process.
3) We are in need of some people who are interested in assisting in a few positions for next year. We will hold elections and appointments in May so we need to have people in place by then. Our specific needs at this time will be:
1) Food Parent – Coordinate food for marching band season events, home football games, awards banquet, and concert season events.
2) Band Parent – Coordinate uniforms for marching band season and shirts for Pep Band for basketball season. Pam Stroebel Powers has already volunteered to assist this position and was involved this year. Ideally we would have a Band Parent and a couple people to assist in case there are scheduling issues that prevent people from being at events.
3) PCI Assistant – Misty Rowland has volunteered to chair PCI again next year but would like to have an assistant to break up some of the tasks. This is a huge event that we have done for 35 years. We just need to make sure that everything gets covered and an extra hands help get things done.
4) Prop People – Dr. Greenwood has already decided on the show for next season and has indicated there will be more props than we have used in the past. If you are handy at building then we can use you. It will likely be during the summer and we will meet on multiple occasions to get everything done.
If you are interested in helping in any of the areas mentioned please let me know. Our next Band Booster meeting will be on Thursday March 9 in the Oly Forum (the conference room across the hall from the business office) and you are welcome to join us. We need as much parent involvement as we can get to make next season a huge success.
Look forward to seeing you.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: email@example.com
For additional commands, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org